Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The end of the school year....

is a time of reflection. This year has ended in a flurry of activity. Soccer is over and all the boys enjoyed their time on the teams they played on. Alick said of his coach "You are the best coach ever, MOM. Will you be my coach next year?" How can I say No to such a flattering comment.

Drew continues to work at his masters program. A few things happening this last month in his Grade 6 class are as follows. The class went to the library. I made book bags for them from jeans. It was a lot of sewing but thanks to a serger it was quick and relatively painless. Yesterday, his class went to Sointula for a field trip. It was a nice day for a hike and hot dog roast by the beach. The big accomplishment for the year is that his class has read over 60,000 pages for home reading this year!

Carter has a few jobs this summer doing lawn maintenance. Can you believe he is going to be in Grade 11 next school year? I remember Grade 11. The choir trip in the spring was to Seattle, Vancouver and Victoria. It was a lot of fun. My wish for Carter is that he will have happy memories of activities with friends and great teachers to instruct him in his 11th grade year. What is your wish for Carter?

Dexter's leaving ceremony was held this evening. It was nice once the celebrations got under way. There was a bit of a technical difficulty. The decorations were nice and everyone looked great! The students said nice things about their classmates and we had a family dinner together.

Hyrum has a new school buddy. It is black and weighs about 10 lbs....It is a laptop that we were able to get through the school district for him to work on. I am looking forward to playing with it a bit to see what we can put in place for him for the Fall. He came home a couple of times and stated that he had homework to do. His school year has been a struggle so it is nice to end on such a happy note with his school helper.

Alick is reading and loving it. He was happy to be done soccer but sure enjoyed the last game the most. He scored his first and only goal of this season during the last game. He was thrilled and so were a couple of teammates who sandwiched him in a victory hug moments after scoring.

I have been very very busy. Between school, soccer, cubs/scouts & beavers, the library, church and trying to keep up with the Mother Goose demand for Healthy Kids days, Ready Set Learn and play groups... I made over $500 visiting the different communities entertaining children with stories, songs and rhymes. This spring I have been to Woss, Sointula, Alert Bay, Port Hardy, Coal Harbour, Kingcome, and Echo Bay. I look forward to more visits starting in the Fall.

No comments: