Monday, April 23, 2007

Another Soccer Season begins!

Hooray! Hey! Huzzah! Woss! THese are some of the soccer chants that happen at the end of the game before the good sportsman like handshakes take place. I love our small town league. We get to travel to 4 other communities and play soccer games against teams with volunteer coaches encouraging and parents watching and cheering on the players. The weather has been pretty wet and so the fields are mucky but the kids don't seem to mind. The laundry sure is busy but thankfully this year all 4 boys have practices on Tue and Thur. Scheduling is better managed this year than last. Dinners consist of hot dogs or sandwiches on these days of the week. I am coaching little man Alick's team this year. I am learning the rules of the game and enjoying it! The league changed the schedule to include Sunday games and I have a parent on the team that is happy to help and coach the games I am not able to be at. It is such a great community sport to be a part of. The big Mud Bowl Tournament is this weekend and between the 4 teams the boys will play 11 games or so. I will be away in Nanaimo for a Family Literacy workshop this weekend so a couple of the boys will spend the night with a team mate.
I hope you have something wonderful to do outside this spring. The fresh air is invigorating.

No comments: