This begins Drew's 10th year as Branch President. ;) It is been 9 years since he was called. My how time flies.
We just re-connected to the internet. Life was chaos for a while and something had to go. But we happy to be back on line.. now we need to finalize a time schedule so all can have fair turns. Drew has started his Masters in Education. So far so good. But it has only been 3 weeks.
The boys are busy with Terry Tuesdays, Scouts, Cubs and Beavers, friends, home study seminary and math 10, computer game time, homework and such. I have taken a back seat to all of this since October when I badly sprained my ankle. The change of pace was nice but my head wants to head out and jog around the track or go 100% with Boxer Blast but my ankle isn’t ready for that yet. I have to settle with walking, since I can finally walk without a limp, and I will watch for a nice enough break in the weather and head out for a bike ride. I want to head over to Sointula for a bike ride and a picnic at the beach with a friend. So a few jaunts around town should get me ready for it, don’t ya think?! (Fingers crossed.)
We had a great time over the Christmas break. We visited with all the family members we could and spent a lot of time in the snow. I loved it. I tried cross country skiing and snow shoeing for the first time. I loved snow shoeing although I did over do it the second time I went out, I had to crawl up a couple of hills to get back to Grandma’s house. Drew offered to carry me up the hill but I figured I could do it! I didn’t regret it, one bit! Drew loved spending time in the snow! I saw how much he misses the mountains and the winter activities, no wonder he is such a home-body in the winter here on the coast where the weather is wet and grey. It makes me want to get a cabin up at the local mountain, Mount Cain. Sigh, one day, maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment