Dh had teachers union meetings down island and so all 6 of us left early Friday morning. The boys missed their soccer games but did not complain because they enjoy the trips to the big city. We had a good time shopping, watching TV and eating junk food. Saturday morning we watch more TV and at about
Well I go to brush my teeth and while I am doing this the boys are of course goofing off. #1 son locks #3 son out in the hallway. I go to break it up and find out the dead bolt is stuck. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. What a joke. So I tell #3 to go to the front desk and tell them we are locked in the room. I get a call. She sounds sort of put off and I interrupt to say, Yup we are locked in the room. The dead bolt is stuck. She sends a lady with keys. No luck. The maintenance man comes. Nope. Still stuck. He hands me a screw driver through the small window opening which by the way #2 wanted to climb out of. I undo the screws for the dead bolt and he takes it apart. Nothing. So he squeezes through the window and takes the hinge pins out. He gets them out but the door won't budge. Finally we get out after an hour and a half of waiting. The M guy cut the dead bolt and piece by piece pulls it out of the hole in the door. We are free!
Oh yeah Ds#3 feasted on chicken fingers and fries in the resteraunt while we watched Even Stephans movie on TV. As I sat there watching TV I would think of #3 and giggle at the thought of him sitting there all by himself (he is 9) without any shoes on eating like a prince. And sure enough when we joined him he said he had fun. So we thanked Ds #1 for locking out his brother.
The hotel gave us a free lunch that would have cost me at least $40. And when I handed in my keys I told the front desk the toilet needs plunging. It flushes real slow.
1 comment:
great story! A memory for the ages....sounds like something that would happen to me! :) I too would like to enjoy a hotel room with my brother locked out. hee heee hee.
Post a Comment