Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

A mother's love is needed as much as a sun bleached frayed-edged welcome mat at the back door with smears of dog poo, mud caked, full of grit and grime, is needed to keep the unwanted dirt from entering the home. If someone warned me motherhood would be this thankless, taken for granted 24 hour nurse/maid/teacher care job would I choose to do it all over again? YOU BET! Because the best moments come when you sit in church and your son publicly states that without mothers we would be lost.


THANKS TO MY MOM

Thanks to my Mom for all the snotty sleeved shirts and filthy dresses you washed and ironed. 

Thanks for the beautiful birthday cakes that were devoured in record time. 

Thanks for making sure we didn't run out of toilet paper, shampoo, soap or toothpaste.

Thanks for cupboards full of food though we thought there was 'nothing to eat'.

Thanks for all the hugs and I love yous when I felt I didn't deserve them. 

And thanks for having faith in me when I lost faith in myself.


1 comment:

mindyluwho said...

Ditto!

Only 3 more months!!!